Rezin H. Constant Diary
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a 96 page diary documenting Contant's Journey from Springfield, Illinois to Denver, Colorado during the summer, 1880. With headquarters in Denver, Constant made many excursions by train into surrounding Front Range areas. Collection also available on microfilm (Mflm 24).
- June 21-August 24, 1880
- Constant, Rezin H.,1809-1887. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Born Winchester, Clarke County, Kentucky, on July 8, 1809; moved to Springfield, Ill. 1830. Illinois legislative representative for Sagamon County 1846-1847. Died April 14, 1887, Sangamon County, Illinois.
1 microfilm reels (35mm)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Robert K. Black, 1960.
Collection contains Mflm 24. Microfilm of entire journal
- Colorado -- Description and travel -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Constant, Rezin H., 1809-1887 -- Archives.
- Denver (Colo.) -- Description and travel -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Railroad travel -- Colorado -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script