Gerald Q. Nash Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photocopies of correspondence between Gerald Nash and his parents (1945); Nash family genealogy (n.d.).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Gerald Q. Nash was born on October 6, 2013 in Nashua N.H. and enlisted in the Army on September 2, 1943 at Manchester, N.H. At the time of his enlistment he had completed three years of high school and was living in Wayne, Mich. Nash received his basic training at Ft. Bragg, N.C. before joining the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. He was assigned to Battery A of the 605th Field Artillery Battalion and was also stationed at Camp Swift, Tex. and in Italy. He received the Bronze Star Medal for his action during the Apennines and the Po River Campaigns in Spring 1945. Nash was one of five brothers to serve during WWII.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Gerald Nash, 2002.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nash, Gerald Q., 1923- -- Archives.
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 605th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script