Jesse Eugene Baker Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains National Association of the 10th Mountain Division materials: correspondence, reunion information, scholarship subcommittee notes, minutes, notes, chapter information, personal papers of other 10th Mountain members, brochures.
- Baker, Jesse E.(Jesse Eugene),1919-2000. (Person)
- Baker, Jesse E. (Jesse Eugene), 1919-2000, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Jesse Eugene "Gene" Baker was born on December 17, 1919 in Havelock, Neb. and was a Private First Class with the Headquarters Company of the Quartermaster Battalion, 10th Mountain Division during World War II. He died on March 16, 2000 in Albuquerque, N.M.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Baker, Jesse E. (Jesse Eugene), 1919-2000 -- Archives.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources.
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. Quartermaster Battalion -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jesse Eugene Baker Papers
- Keli Schmid
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States