Frank Romano Jr. Papers
Scope and Contents
Includes materials from the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Camp Hale 50th Anniversary, Camp Hale project information, newspaper clippings, articles, manuscripts and sheet music.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Frank Romano, Jr. was born in Queens County, N.Y. in 1924. and enlisted in the Army on March 13, 1943 in New York City, N.Y. At the time of his enlistment, Romano was single, had graduated from high school and working as a practical nurse. Joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. serving in the 86th Infantry Regiment, Company K and in the Headquarters Company of the First Battalion. Attained the rank of Sergeant while serving with the 10th Mountain Division. Later he was commissioned and attained the rank of Colonel.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources.
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Romano, Frank, Jr. 1924- -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- Frank Roman Papers
- Keli Schmid
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script