Alan V. Carlson papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains military papers, meal ticket (1943); transportation pass; correspondence from Fort Bragg, Camp Hale, Camp Swift, V-Mail correspondence and Post War correspondence (1944-1946).
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Alan V. Carlson (1925-) was born in Ore. He enlisted in the Army on August 11, 1943 at Spokane Wash. At the time of his enlistment, Carlson had completed four years of high school. He was single, and listed his occupation as student. Carlson joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo., where he was assigned to the 110th Signal Company. Later, he served at Camp Swift, Texas and in Italy. During combat operations in Italy, Carlson received the Bronze Star medal for his service in the Apennines and Po River battles in Spring 1945. He died on May 8, 2008 in Spokane, Wash.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Alan V. Carlson;1998.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Carlson, Alan V., 1925-2008 -- Archives.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Signal Company, 110th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Alan V. Carlson Papers,1944-1946
- Keli Schmid
- May 14, 2018
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script