William R. Howell papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains miscellaneous correspondence, invitations, passes, charge accounts, cancelled checks, receipts (1866-1883). Some items are addressed to Howell as Sheriff of Boulder County.
- Howell, William R.,1834-1899. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
William R. Howell was born August 17, 1834 in Saint Thomas, Ontario, Canada. Emigrated to Boulder County in the spring of 1859 and purchased 160 acres on Boulder Creek, 12 miles east of Boulder. Pioneer homesteader, farmer, and fifth sheriff in Boulder County (1869-1873). Married Cornelia Ann Sheldon (1841-1922). Died December 15, 1899 in Needles, San Bernardino County, California.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase;Fred Rosenstock,Denver, Colo.;1939.
- Boulder County (Colo.) -- 19th century -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Howell, William R., 1834-1899 -- Archives.
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pioneers -- Colorado -- Boulder County -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sheriffs -- Colorado -- Boulder County -- 19th century -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the William R. Howell papers,1866-1883[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States