Juan Jose Lovato Land Grant records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains correspondence, survey maps, government records, financial papers, legal documents include handwritten patent, deeds, contracts, agreements. Includes lists of heirs of Juan Jose LoVato. Some Spanish language material.
- Jackson, William S. (William Sharpless), 1889-1981, (Person)
- Juan Jose Lovato Land Grant (N.M.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Located in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico, part of the Carson National Forest. Original grant to Lovato dated August 31, 1740. Ownership conveyed to William S. Jackson in 1910. Sold to the U.S. government in two installments in 1935 and 1942.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift ;William S. Jackson Jr.,Denver, Colo. ;1985.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Jackson, William S. (William Sharpless), 1836-1919 -- Archival resources.
- Juan Jose Lovato Land Grant (N.M.) -- Archives.
- Land grants Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Land grants -- New Mexico -- 18th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lovato, Juan Jose, -- Archives.
- Finding Aid for the Juan Jose Lovato Land Grant records,1902-1981
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script