Bolivar G. Krepps Letters
Scope and Contents
Collection contains letters home to his mother, Mrs. C.S. Krepps, and sister. Also, two letters from Joseph Troth telling of Krepps' death from typhoid fever. Collection also available on microfilm (C MSS Mflm53)
- May 11-December 10, 1849, 1850
- Krepps, Bolivar G., 1826-1850 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Bolivar G. Krepps was born in Brownsville, Fayette County, Pennsylvania on January 14, 1826. He traveled overland to the California gold fields from March to September 1849. Krepps mined near Sacramento from October 1849 until his death on January 20, 1850 at Matheney's Creek, California Territory
2 Microfilm Reels
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, unknown donor, unknown date.
Existence and Location of Copies
Repository also has available on microfilm (C MSS Mflm53).
Collection contains Mflm 53.
- California -- Gold discoveries -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Krepps, Bolivar G., 1826-1850 -- Correspondence
- Krepps, C. S. (Cassandra Speers), ǂc Mrs., 1796-1855 -- Archives
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Overland journeys to the Pacific -- Description and travel -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Troth, Joseph -- Correspondence
- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description