Albert Wilbur Steele Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains Steele's diary of student life at Colorado State Agricultural College, correspondence, notes, scrapbook of his cartoons, other miscellaneous clippings.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Albert Wilbur Steele (1862-1925) was a Denver, Colo. newspaper cartoonist; with Rocky Mountain News (1890-1897), Denver Post (1897-1925).
2 boxes (.5 linear feet)
1 oversize box
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, J.and C. Brinton Swift and George Steele, 1972. Gift; Kent Willis, 1976. Gift; Albert Wilbur Steele grandson, 1976. Gift: Yong Sook Rogers; 2021.
Diary (1880-1881) is photocopy of original owned by A.W. Steele, Seattle, Wash. Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Cartoonists -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Diaries. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Editorial cartoons -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photocopies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States