Rock Creek Station Ledger
Scope and Contents
Collection contains records of Sticker's business transactions (1882-1885). Collection also available on microfilm (Mflm 71).
- November 3, 1882-January 20, 1885
- Rock Creek Station (Idaho) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Built in 1865, Rock Creek Station was the first trading post on the Oregon Trail west of Fort Hall. At one time, it was the largest stage station between Fort Hall and Fort Boise. It also served as a saloon, dance hall, post office, polling place, and supply post for emigrants traveling west. Built in 1865, by James Bascom, the facility was purchased by Herman Stricker (1841-1920) in 1876 and served as a general store. Stricker remained the proprietor of the store until it closed in 1897. The site and structures, located south of Hansen, Idaho are a Idaho State Historical Park and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
1 oversize boxes
1 microfilm reels (35mm)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Gladys Stricker, 1968.
Collection includes Mflm 71.
- Account books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Cost and standard of living -- Idaho -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- General stores -- Idaho -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Idaho -- Commerce -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Rock Creek Station (Twin Falls County, Idaho) -- Archival resources.
- Stricker, Herman, 1841-1920 -- Archives.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script