Frederick C. Miller Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains Frederick Miller correspondence to his mother (1928-1944), Colo. map (1942), clippings (1942-1943), postcards (1942-1943), photographs (1942-1943).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Frederick C. Miller, Jr. was probably born in May 1918 in Massachusetts, the son of Frederick C. and Dorothy N. Miller. He was raised in Watertown and Abington Massachusetts. After completing two years of college and working as an accountant, Miller enlisted in the Army in April 16, 1942 at Boston, Massachusetts. He received basic training at Camp Roberts, California. He was selected for officer training and reported to Fort Benning, Georgia in September 1942. As a 2nd Lieutenant, Miller was assigned to the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment, where he was assigned to Company I, Company B and to the Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion. When the 87th Infantry Regiment departed Camp Hale to participate in the Kiska invasion, Miller was transferred to Company E of the 86th Infantry Regiment. Miller remained at Camp Hale, Colorado from December 1942 through September 1943. He then transferred to Camp Wolters, Texas, where he served with the 63rd Infantry Training Battalion.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Ingrid H. Irvine; 2014.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Miller, Frederick C., Jr., 1918-2003 -- Archives.
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Frederick C. Miller Papers
- Keli Schmid
- September 11, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script