Henry Hanington Correspondence
Scope and Contents
Collection contains correspondence with Clara M. (Mrs. Henry C.) Van Schaack and others concerning Castle View Mining Company, Little Silver Mining Company, and Vendome Gold Mining Company.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Henry Hanington (1870-1957) was a Colo. mining executive. Served as executive secretary and executor of the estate for mining financier: Henry R. Wolcott.
1 envelope (19 items)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Mrs. Orlando Ward, Denver, Colo.; 1972.
- Castle View Mining Company -- History.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Gold mines and mining -- Colorado -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hanington, Henry, 1870-1957 -- Correspondence.
- Little Silver Mining Company. -- History.
- Mining corporations -- Colorado -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Silver mines and mining -- Colorado -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Vendome Gold Mining Company (Nevadaville, Colo.) -- History.
- Wolcott, Henry R. -- History.
- Finding Aid for the Henry Hanington Correspondence.
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script