Patrick Gourley Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains: clippings, correspondence, handouts, promotional materials, brochures, pamphlets from various gay related organizations; correspondence from and clippings about Harry Hay (1976-2002).
- Majority of material found in 1970-1990
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Denver Colo. based AIDS nurse and activist born January 12, 1949 in LaPorte, Ind. Attended Univ. of Ill. where active in civil rights and anti-war movement. Moved to Denver, Colo. in 1972. Received BSN in Nursing (1978) from Univ. of Colo. Close friend and influenced by Henry "Harry" Hay (1912-2002), one of the founders of the modern gay movement, including the Radical Faeries.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Patrick Gourley, 2015.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Gay activists -- Colorado -- Denver -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gay community -- Colorado -- Denver -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gay liberation movement -- United States -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gourley, Patrick J., 1949- -- Archives.
- Handbills Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hay, Harry. -- Correspondence.
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Radical Faerie movement -- History
- Radical Faeries -- History.
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description