Reynolds Land Company Records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence and papers from Reynolds and Covey, the Kiowa Valley Land Company, Kiowa Reservoir and Irrigation Company, and Griffin Show Company (including land transactions and company incorporation documents); and stock certificates from the Cleveland Mining Company, Standard Mining Company, Adams Electric Railroad Company, and Monarch Gold Run Mining Company.
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
The Reynolds Land Company was located in Denver, Colorado and was founded by Lee A. Reynolds (1861-1940). Arthur Jay and Courtland Keenan were also involved in the company, which itself was also known as Reynolds and Covey and the Lee A. Reynolds Land Company.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Muriel Keenan Jones, February 1989.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Adams Electric Railroad Company (St. Louis, Mo.) -- Archival resources.
- Cleveland Mining Company (Butte City, Mont.) -- Archival resources.
- Gold Run Mining Company (St. Louis, Mo.) -- Archival resources.
- Gold Run Mining Company (Summit Count, Colo.) -- Archival resources.
- Golden Gate Milling and Mining Company (East St. Louis, Ill.) -- Archival resources.
- Kiowa Reservoir and Irrigation Company (Colo.) -- Archival resources.
- Kiowa Valley Land Company (Colo.) -- Archival resources.
- Land companies -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mines and mineral resources -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Monarch Gold Run Mining Company (East St. Louis, Mo.) -- Archival resources.
- Organization files Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reynolds Land Company (Denver, Colo.) -- Archives.
- Reynolds and Covey (Denver, Colo.) -- Archives.
- Reynolds, Lee A., 1861-1940 -- Archives.
- Standard Mining Company (St. Louis, Mo.) -- Archival resources.
- Stock certificates Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description