John Imbrie Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains news clippings, personal papers, correspondence, memoirs and copied photograph album, photos of Hut trip (2004), Italian reunion booklets (2006).
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
John Imbrie was born on July 4, 1925 in Finger Lakes, New York. Served in the 85th Mountain Infantry Regiment, Company C of the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Swift, Tex, and Italy. Wounded-in-action on April 22, 1945 at Bomporto. He later received a B.A. from Princeton (1948), M.S. and Ph. D. from Yale (1949, 1951) in Geology and worked as a Professor of Geology, Columbia University (1952-1967) and research associate, Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory; Henry L. Doherty Professor of Oceanography, Brown University since 1967. Serves as the Vice President for Data Acquisition and Research, National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; John Imbrie; 2006.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Imbrie, John, 1925- -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources.
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- John Imbrie Papers
- Keli Schmid
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script