Albert A. Wiedorn Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection includes correspondence with family members and friends, photographs, post cards, manuscript of A Riflemanʹs Diary by Donald H. Montgomery (1996).
- Wiedorn, Albert A.,1925-2010. (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Albert A. Wiedorn was born in Conn. on July 19, 1925. He enlisted in the Army May 20, 1943 at New Haven, Connecticut after four years of high school. Joined the 10th Mountain Division while it was training at Camp Hale, Colo. Served in the 85th Infantry Regiment, Companies F and H. In the Spring of 1945 while engaged in combat operations in Italy, Wiedorn recieved the Silver Star for his actions at Mt. Gorgolesco, February 21-23, was wounded in action at Serre D'Aiano on April 15th, and received a Bronze Star Medal at Stunga on April 20th. He died on June 26, 2010 in Bradenton Beach, Fl.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Albert A. Wiedorn;2006.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- Wiedorn, Albert A., 1925-2010 -- Archives.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Albert A. Wiedorn Papers
- Keli Schmid
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script