J. P. C. Poulton papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains an album with six lectures on: Colorado, Wyoming, the Black Hills, and the Rocky Mountain region; also included are clippings, letters, business and advertising cards. Collection also available on microfilm (C MSS Mflm66).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Poulton was a journalist affiliated with the Colorado Springs Mountaineer (1875). He was born in Iowa in 1841. Poulton was also the Associate editor for the Cheyenne Daily Sun (1876-1877) and wrote under the pseudonyms: Fluke Magidler, Flake MacGilder and Potomac. He died on October 1, 1880 in Cheyenne, Larimer County, Wyoming and is buried at Lakeview Cemetery.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase ;Fred Rosenstock,Denver, Colo.;1960.
Collection contains Mflm 66.
- Albums (books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Black Hills (S.D. and Wyo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colorado -- History -- To 1876. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Poulton, J. P. C. (James P. C.), 1841-1880 -- Archives.
- Speeches (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Wyoming -- History -- To 1876. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the J. P. C. Poulton papers,1874-1880[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script