Sydney M. Williams Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains wartime correspondence between Williams and his wife (published in book form) and newspaper clippings.
- Williams, Sydney M.(Sydney Messer),1910-1968. (Person)
- Williams, Sydney M. (Sydney Messer), III, (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Sydney M. Williams, Jr. was born in Mass. in August 5, 1910. He enlisted in the Army at Fort Devens, Massachusetts on March 10, 1944. At the time of his enlistment, Williams had completed four years of college and was married. He was working as an aerial photographer. Williams joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Swift, Tex. He was assigned to the 87th Infantry Regiment, Company C. He fought against the German Army in Italy, where he was awarded a Bronze Star Medal for his actions during the Po Valley battle April 14 to April 29, 1945. He died in N.H. on December 2, 1968.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Sydney M. Williams, III;2002.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- Williams, Sydney M. (Sydney Messer), 1910-1968 -- Archives.
- Sydney M. Williams Papers,1944-1945
- Keli Schmid
- May 124, 2018
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script