Jack L. Kuhl Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains basic field manuals, technical manuals, training manuals, a telephone procedures card and 14 maps carried by Kuhl during combat in Italy (1943-1945). Some items contain notations.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Jack Kuhl was born on December 25, 1919 in John Day Valley, Oregon. He attended Oregon State University, where he enrolled in the ROTC program and obtained his commission as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Army. Kuhl joined the 10th Mountain Division during its deployment to Italy. He was assigned to the 85th Infantry Regiment, Company G as a platoon leader in charge of approximately forty men. During combat operations against the German Army, Kuhl was wounded in action and received a Silver Star Medal on April 15, 1945 near Marzola, Italy. He died on June 12, 2004 in Valley Springs, Calif.
1 Oversize file folder
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Armies -- United States -- Officers -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kuhl, Jack L., 1914-2004 -- Archives.
- Manuals (instructional materials) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jack L. Kuhl Papers
- Keli Schmid
- October 23, 2018
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script