Oregon Militia Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a record book with constitution and bylaws (1863), members present and account of arms (1866), account of arms returned (1867). Collection also available on microfilm (C MSS Mflm124).
- Oregon.Militia.Brigade, 1st.Regiment, 1st.Company A. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
The Oregon Militia, 1st Brigade, 1st Regiment, Company A, which organized during the American Civil War, was referred to as the "Mountain Rangers." Demobilized in 1866.
1 microfilm reels (35mm)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Dr. James E. Griffith, Jr. through auspices of Kenneth Sender, 1968.
Collection include microfilm Mflm 124.
Material in fragile condition, microfilm should be used.
- Logs (records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon -- Militia -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon. Militia. Brigade, 1st. Regiment, 1st. Company A. -- Archival resources.
- Soldiers -- Oregon -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script