Jacob Pindell Prickett Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a scrapbook with newspaper clippings of stories written by Prickett: one series recounts an overland trip to California (1854); also includes the series: "Early mining days in the gold fields of California." Both series written under the by-line: A Gold-seeker. Collection also available on microfilm (C MSS Mflm94).
- Prickett, Jacob Pindell,1836-1914. (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Jacob Pindell "J.P." Prickett (1836-1914) was an Indiana journalist and owner-publisher of the Milford Mail, where this series of columns appeared (1904-1905).
1 box (.25 linear feet)
1 microfilm reel
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Eleanor Roubique (great-granddaughter), 1985.
Collection contains microfilm Mflm 94. Repository contains one positive copy of microfilm.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Articles Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- California -- Gold discoveries -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Milford Mail (Milford, Ind.) -- Specimens.
- Overland journeys to the Pacific -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Prickett, Jacob Pindell, 1836-1914 -- Archives.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script