Ira Nichols Diaries
Scope and Contents
Collection contains two diaries written by Nichols: 1. diary (1890) with records of ranching, weather conditions, cash accounts, etc. in Lincoln and Dawson counties, Nebraska; includes trip to Denver, Colorado and death of wife, Mary L. Nichols (January 1890). -- 2. diary (1897) describes Ira Nichols retirement in Florida. Collection also available on microfilm (C MSS Mflm125).
- 1890, 1897
- Nichols, Ira. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Ira Nichols was a rancher near Gothenburg, Nebraska. His wife, Mary L. Nichols died in Denver, Colorado on January 3, 1890. Ira Nichols later retired to Englewood, Florida in 1897.
1 envelope (2 diaries)
1 Microfilm Reels
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Unknown donor, n.d.
Collection includes microfilm Mflm 125.
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Nichols, Ira -- Archives.
- Nichols, Mary L., -1890 -- Death and burial.
- Ranch life -- Nebraska -- Dawson County -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ranch life -- Nebraska -- Lincoln County -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Retirement -- Florida -- Englewood -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script