Charles Moffat Kassler diary
Identifier: C MSS -M422
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a travel diary describing a camping trip by horse and wagon with Kassler's brother Ed Kassler and friends: Howard Crocker and Albert Dugan. The route they followed: Clear Creek Canyon, Idaho Springs, Berthoud Pass, Middle Park, Hot Sulphur Springs, Steamboat Springs, Hahns Peak, Pinkhamton, Virginia Dale, Fort Collins, and Longmont; includes 6 poems by Kassler at back of diary. Collection also available on microfilm (C MSS Mflm115).
- Check date
- Kassler, Charles Moffat,1870-1934. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Charles Moffat Kassler was a Denver, Colorade based investment broker. Born January 26, 1870 in Denver, Colorado the son of George W. and Maria T. Kessler; graduate of Cornell University (1893); died August 4, 1934 in Denver, Colorado and buried at Fairmount Cemetery.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Collection include microfilm Mflm 115.
Due to condition of original, microfilm should be used.
- Camping -- Colorado -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colorado -- Description and travel -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Crocker, Howard -- Archives.
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Dugan, Albert -- Archives.
- Fishing -- Colorado -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hunting -- Colorado -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kassler, Charles Moffat, 1870-1934 -- Archives.
- Kassler, Edwin S. (Edwin Stebbins), 1866-1962 -- Archives.
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Charles Moffat Kassler diary,1885
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script