Empire (Colo.) Board of Trustees Minutes
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a minute book of the first meetings of the municipality's newly constituted Board of Trustees. Much of the board's time during this period spent preparing town ordinances. Also available on microfilm (Mflm36).
- April 18, 1882 - October 13, 1883
- Empire (Colo.).Board of Trustees. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
The town of Empire is located in Clear Creek County, Colorado. It was founded in 1860 during gold-rush days as Valley City; later called Empire City. Incorporated April 12, 1882 as Empire.
1 microfilm reels (35mm)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Collection includes Mflm36.
- Empire (Colo.) -- Politics and government -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Empire (Colo.). Board of Trustees -- Politics and government -- 19th century.
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Municipal government -- Colorado -- Empire -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ordinances, Municipal -- Colorado -- Empire -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script