Bruce A. Wakefield Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains: photocopies of Wakefield's military records (1945, 1946); correspondence (1943, 1945, 1988).
- Wakefield, Bruce A.(Bruce Alson),1924-1973. (Person)
- Beatty, Wendy Wakefield. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Bruce Alson Wakefield was born in St Johnsbury, Vt. on July 15, 1924 and enlisted in the Army on February 17, 1943 at Rutland, Vt. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried, had completed three years of high school. Wakefield joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company E of the 86th Infantry Regiment. He also served at Camp Swift, Tex. and Italy. Wakefield attained the rank of Sergeant and ended his service with Company K of the 85th Infantry Regiment. He died on September 26, 1973 in Lyndon, Caledonia, Vt.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Wendy Wakefield Beatty, 2011.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- Wakefield, Bruce A. (Bruce Alson), 1924-1973 -- Archives.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States