George H. Galbraith Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains correspondence from family and business associates, pocket notebook and other memoranda about mining lode prospects; letters addressed to his widow, Mary E. Galbraith, Everett, Neb. concerning his estate.
- Galbraith, George H., 1839-1880 (Person)
- Galbraith, Mary E. (Person)
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
George H. Galbraith was born in Pa. in 1839. He worked as a sherrif in Yankton, Dakota Territory before moving to Colo. He was a miner, merchant and prospector in the San Juan Mountains region. Galbraith died in Ouray, Colo. in 1880.
1 envelope (68 items)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown donor; no date.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Galbraith, George H., 1839-1880 -- Archives.
- Miners -- Colorado -- Ouray County -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mines and mineral resources -- San Juan Mountains (Colo. and N.M.) -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the George H. Galbraith Papers.
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States