Zephaniah Mansan papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a letter (1863 Sept. 23) from Silver City, Nev. to Peter Brunstetter (1832-1889) of Grass Valley, Calif.; also a document (Oct. 30) transferring title of Mansan's interest in a "plaining" mill to Brunstetter.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Zephaniah Mansan was born in Canada in around 1830. During the 19th century, he worked as an engineer for a time in Silver City, Nev., later lived in Grass Valley, Nevada County, Calif.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Business letter Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Deeds Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lumber trade -- California -- Nevada County -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Planing-mills -- California -- Nevada County -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Zephaniah Mansan papers,1863
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script