Isaac J. Keator papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains correspondence, committee lists, memoranda, newspaper clippings. Mainly deals with Civic Center Extension Committee efforts to develop the west end of Civic Center for a proposed City and County building. Includes correspondence with Denver mayors Dewey C. Bailey and Benjamin F. Stapleton.
- Keator, Isaac J.,1862-1942. (Person)
- Bailey, Dewey C., 1860-1937. (Person)
- McMechan, Edgar, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Denver, Colo. real estate dealer; came to Colorado from New York (1886); established real estate firm (1898). Active in civic affairs, including Denver Planning Commission, Denver Art Museum, Civic Center Extension Committee.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift ;Edgar McMechan,Denver, Colo.,1940.
- City and County Building (Denver, Colo.)
- City planning -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Civic Center (Denver, Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Civic Center Extension Committee.
- Denver Art Museum.
- Keator, Isaac J., 1862-1942 -- Archives.
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Parks -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Isaac J. Keator papers,1922-1931
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script