Martha A. Bushnell Conine Scrapbook
Scope and Contents
Collection contains clippings, correspondence, programs, invitations, broadsides and pamphlets from her political and social reform activities. Includes letters from Susan B. Anthony and Carrie Chapman Catt on women's rights; other letters from Colorado Governor Alva Adams, Denver juvenile court judge Ben B. Lindsey. Scrapbook is available on microfilm (Mflm 23).
- circa 1896-1910
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Colorado legislator (11th General Assembly, 1897-1898), active in Denver women's clubs, also women's suffrage and other reform movements.
1 oversize boxes
1 microfilm reels (35mm)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Mr. and Mrs. John Conine; 1972.
Collection includes Mflm 23.
- Adams, Alva, 1850-1922.
- Catt, Carrie Chapman, 1859-1947.
- Conine, Martha A. Bushnell, 1849-1910 -- Archives.
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women -- Colorado -- Denver -- Societies and clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Political activity -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Suffrage -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Martha A. Bushnell Conine Scrapbook
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script