Catherine Parmenter Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains Parmenter's correspondence with Denver Public Library, autobiographical sketch and bibliography of Parmenter's published poems (1919-1930).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Colorado Springs, Colo. poet. B. May 30, 1905 at Framingham, Mass. Daughter of Christing Whiting Parmenter and Dr. Kenneth R. Parmenter. Moved with family to Colorado Springs, Colo. in Novermber 1917. Married architect, Henry Chase Newell (1908-1977). Died in Contoocook, Merrimack, N. H. on April 12, 1995. Many of Parmenter's poems were published in popular magazines and newspapers.
1 envelope (5 items)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Catherine Parmenter, 1930.
- Bibliographies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Parmenter, Catherine, 1905-1995 -- Bibliography.
- Poets, American -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Poets, American -- Colorado -- Colorado Springs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script