Yates House Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a hotel guest register from the Yates House, Georgetown, Colo. (August-October 1879).
- August 1879- October 1879
- Yates House (Georgetown, Colo.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
The Yates house was a large 19th century hotel once located in Georgetown, Colo. The two-story, wooden structure was built in 1871. The hotel was later sold at auction and renamed the National Hotel in 1885.
1 oversize box(es)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Condition: register is water damaged and in fragile condition.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Clear Creek County (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Georgetown (Colo.) -- 19th century -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hotels (public accommodations) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hotels -- Colorado -- Georgetown -- Registers -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Hotel (Georgetown, Colo.) -- History.
- Registers (lists) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Yates House (Georgetown, Colo.) -- Registers.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script