William G. Harry Family Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains: photo album from the University of Colorado (CU), Boulder, Colo. (1919-1922); and ephemera: clippings, programs, post cards, pins, military badges, report cards for William G. Harry (1913-1914); shoe repair magazines (1923-1933); and photographs.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
William G. Harry was born on October 11, 1902 in Jackson, Kansas to William DuRose "W.D." Harry (1854-1935) and Ida Mae Grinnels (1871-1961). The Harry family lived in Conway, Kan. until 1908 when they moved to Kinsley, Kan. where W.D. operated a merchandise store until 1912. Later the family moved to Canon City, Colo. While in Canon City, W.D. owned and operated the Weekan Fixit Shoe Repair shop from 1913 until his death in 1935. W.D. and Ida Harry had 6 children: Alice Ruth (1883-1918), John O. (b.1895), Anna E. (b.1896), William G. (b.1902), Mary Elizabeth (b.1905), Arthur DuRose (1910-1974). Son, William G. Harry attended the University of Colorado and served as a 2nd Lt., Infanty Regiment 2 with the Colorado National Guard (1927). He would eventually work for his brother-in-law, Albert Thompson as a farmer on his stock farm and later operated a shoe repair shop in Canyon City.
4 Boxes (4 linear feet)
1 oversize boxes
1 photo folio
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Vicki Munroe;2016, 2017.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Harrell family -- Archives.
- Harry, William G., 1902- -- Archives.
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- School records. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Students -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Colorado -- Students -- Photographs -- 20th century.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script