Allison family papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains family photographs, journals, calendars, pamphlets, correspondence, school records, clippings, programs, ephemera on the Allison family.
- Allison, Linda L., 1944- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Ioannis Krouskos a.k.a. John Stephen Allison (1877-1965) was born in Sparts, Greece and emigrated to the United States in 1891. Allison eventually moved to Denver, Colo. where he served during the Spaish American War with Company C of the 7th Infantry Regiment. He later ran a confectioners shops and a pool hall with his older brother, George Allison (1870-1935). John S. Allison purchased the Charles and Julia Semper farm, located at 92nd Avenue and Pierce Street, Westminster, Colo. in 1916. His son, Stephen John Allison (1910-1988), served for 27 years as a Lieutenant with the Denver Police Department. Stephen J. Allison owned the farm until his death. It was purchased by the City of Westminster in 1989 from Stephen's daughter, Linda Allison, and is now an historic landmark.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
The materials in the collection were used as research by Linda Allison for her book: All things clear: One family. One hundred years. A Colorado story.
- Allison family -- Archives.
- Allison, John Stephen, 1877-1965 -- Archives.
- Allison, Linda L., 1944- -- Archives
- Allison, Stephen John, 1910-1988 -- Archives.
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Greek Americans -- Colorado -- Denver -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Historic farms -- Colorado -- Westminster. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Spanish-American War, 1898 -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 7th. Company C.
- Westminster (Colo.) -- Homes and haunts. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Allison family papers,1893-1965
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script