Robert M. Patterson Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains miscellaneous material from Standing Rock (Military Station and Indian Agency), Dakota Territory. Letters, military orders and memos chiefly concerning Indians and the U.S. Army. From D.S. Stanley, W.P. Carlin, R.E. Johnston, and others.
- Patterson, Robert M., (Person)
- Stanley, David Sloane, 1828-1902. (Person)
- Carlin, William Passmore, 1829-1903. (Person)
- Johnson, R. E. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Lt. Colonel, U.S. Cavalry, Ret.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, R.M. Patterson, 1966.
- Black Hills War, 1876-1877. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dakota Indians -- Government relations. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1866-1895. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Orders (military records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Patterson, Robert M.,
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script