Clarence Reckmeyer papers
Scope and Contents
Correspondence and typescript of an article: The mystery of the hermit of Golden Mountain. Reckmeyer researched early-day Granite, Colo. (established 1866 as Dayton, name changed 1868) and tried to find Woods' relatives to settle his estate, including a Salida bank account under the name, Jim Geiger.
- Check date
- Reckmeyer, Clarence,1876-1955. (Person)
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Reckmeyer, salesman and amateur historian, b. Sept. 6, 1876 Fremont, Neb.; d. Apr. 11, 1955 Black Hawk, Colo. Attempted to trace information about George Woods (or Wood), a reclusive miner living in a shack near Granite, Colo. Woods died Dec. 6, 1931 in Salida, Colo. hospital after a fire in his cabin.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift ;Unknown donor ;n.d.
Varying Form of Title
Mystery of the hermit of Golden Mountain
- Biographies (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Granite (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hermits -- Colorado -- Granite. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reckmeyer, Clarence, 1876-1955 -- Correspondence.
- Woods, George, 1931.
- Finding Aid for the Clarence Reckmeyer papers,1931-1941
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States