Henry Reckmeyer papers
Scope and Contents
Collection of extracts from Reckmeyer's 1857-1871 diary having to do with his stay in Colorado (1863-1867). Also copies of receipts and memoranda on mining claims (1859-1869). Commentary and marginalia by son, Clarence Reckmeyer (1876-1955).
- Check date
- Reckmeyer, Henry,1838-1900. (Person)
- Reckmeyer, Clarence, 1876-1955. (Person)
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Henry Reckmeyer was born on October 21, 1838. He died on September 15, 1900 in Dodge County, Neb. Reckmeyer lived in Colo. during the gold rush.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift ;Unknown donor ;n.d.
Typed transcripts by son Clarence (1942).
Repository of originals unknown.
- Colorado -- Gold discoveries -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colorado -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reckmeyer, Henry, 1838-1900
- Finding Aid for the Henry Reckmeyer papers,1859-1869
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script