Royal Aero club records
Identifier: C MSS WH1635-RHC10
Scope and Contents
Collection contains an account book with names of members, addresses, membership status.
- William E. Barrett, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Founded in 1901. Responsible for private flying in Great Britain.
1 oversize box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase ;Maggs Brothers, Ltd.;1940. Purchase ;William E. Barrett ;1944.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Ross-Barrett Aeronautical Collection was started with funds from the Frederic R. Ross Library Fund in 1940. Collection expanded in 1944 with purchase of World War I materials from William E. Barrett, a pilot in the 1920s.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of DPL Ross-Barrett Aeronautical Minus Collection.
- Aeronautics -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Organization files Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Private flying -- Great Britain -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Royal Aero Club (Great Britain) -- Archives.
- Finding Aid for the Royal Aero club records,1909-1912
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script