National League of American Pen Women records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains yearbooks (1946-1984); meeting notices and minutes; officers reports; branch history; membership roster; bylaws; scrapbooks (1960-1978) contain correspondence, newspaper clippings, convention programs and poems.
- Almy, Ruth, (Person)
- National League of American Pen Women.Central Colorado Branch. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Founded in 1938 by Nellie Burget Miller of Colorado Springs, Colo. Extended NLAPW membership opportunities to employed women writers and artists who could not meet work days with the Denver Branch. Promoted development of creative talents of professional women in the arts. Disbanded in May 1986.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift ;Ruth Almy ;1986.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- National League of American Pen Women. Central Colorado Branch -- Archives.
- Organization files Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women artists -- Colorado -- Societies and clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women authors -- Societies and clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the National League of American Pen Women records,1938-1986
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script