Opera Colorado Records
Scope and Contents
The collection primarily documents administrative activities of Opera Colorado and contains mostly meeting minutes, memos, reports, correspondence, clippings, and promotional material. Boxes 2-5 represent the Opera Colorado-related papers of Eleanor N. Caulkins.
Digital files include radio interviews, videos documenting events and award ceremonies (2004-2006).
- 1946-1948, 1950, 1980-2015
- Majority of material found within 1980-2015
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
- Opera Colorado. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Opera Colorado seeks to entertain the audience by creating the passion, excitement, and art of grand opera in their original language and to promote opera to the widest possible audience through educational and cultural activities.
5 boxes (5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Unknown donor, no date. Gift, Eleanor N. Caulkins, 2020.
Eleanor N. "Ellie" Caulkins is a patron of the arts known as the First Lady of Opera in Denver, Colorado. Caulkins is the namesake of the Ellie Caulkins Opera House in the Denver Performing Arts Complex, the second largest performing arts center in the world. In 2011, Opera America awarded her their National Opera Trustee Award.
- Administrative records. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Caulkins, Ellie (Eleanor N.), 1937- -- Archives
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Files (digital files) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Opera Colorado -- Archival resources.
- Operas -- Colorado -- Denver -- History -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description