Espejos: Reflections of a Culture collection
Identifier: C MSS WH2366
Scope and Contents
Collection contains the 16mm original master, VHS and broadcast copies of Espejos: Reflections of a Culture; background information on the making of the film including newspaper clippings, catalogs.
- Paul, Millie. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Espejos: Reflections of a Culture is a documentary film shot in 1986 and 1987 by independent film maker, Millie Paul. The film documents the work of several Chicano muralists: Manuel Martinez, Carlos Sandoval, Lorenzo Ramirez, Carlotta Espinoza, and Roberto Lucero, and shows how the murals created by the artists relate to the Mexican-American community. Paul received a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts to complete the project.
1 Audiovisual box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Millie P. Paul;2016.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- 16mm (photographic film size) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Churchill Films -- Specimens.
- Documentary films Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Master copies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mexican American artists -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mexican American mural painting and decoration -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Paul, Millie -- Archives.
- VHS Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Espejos: Reflections of a Culture collection,1986-1987
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script