Arapahoe County Justice Court records
Identifier: C MSS WH97
Scope and Contents
Collection contains docket books of cases heard before Arapahoe County, Colo. justices of the peace: John Wanless (1861-1862), Omer O. Kent (1864-1865, 1866-1867), and Samuel D. Hunter (1865-1866). Volumes later used by Justice Kent as personal diaries, 1877 (Jan. 1-May 7) and 1893 (Jan. 1-Apr. 25). Also inserted: Letter, 1897 Sept. 15 from Caroline, Silver Springs, Tenn. to Sister Orpha.
- Arapahoe County (Colo.).Justice Court. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Omer O. Kent (1818-1897) arrived Denver, Colo. 1860 and for ten years served variously as sheriff, police magistrate, justice of the peace, probate judge, superintendent of schools, and U.S. Commissioner. Devoted later years to agriculture, horticulture, and real estate.
1 oversize box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Court records -- Colorado -- Arapahoe County. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Dockets Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hunter, Samuel D.
- Justices of the peace -- Colorado -- Denver -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kent, Omer O., 1818-1897 -- Diaries.
- Wanless, John.
- Finding Aid for the Arapahoe County Justice Court records,1861-1867
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script