Record of Sheep Trail from La Grande, Oregon to Laramie, Wyoming
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a typed transcript (1934) of a diary of a sheep drive from Oregon to Wyoming, May 27-Sept. 29, 1882. Also transcripts of two letters (Apr. 9, 12, 1934) from Evans to Robert H. Burns (U. of Wyo.) regarding the diary.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
1 envelope(s) (14 pages)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown donor; no date.
Original held at the University of Wyoming, Laramie (SF375.4.A29 E936 1882a)
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sheep -- Marketing. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sheep -- West (U.S.) -- Marketing. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Trails -- West (U.S.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transcripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- West (U.S.) -- History -- 1860-1890. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Record of Sheep Trail from La Grande, Oregon to Laramie, Wyoming
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script