Charles Lindbergh autograph
Identifier: C MSS WH1635-RHC18
Scope and Contents
Collection contains Charles Lindbergh's autograph on Brown Palace Hotel (Denver, Colo.) stationery.
- no date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Charles Linbergh (1902-1974) was an American aviator who made the first solo nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean on May 20-21, 1927.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase ;Maggs Brothers, Ltd.;1940. Purchase ;William E. Barrett ;1944.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Ross-Barrett Aeronautical Collection was started with funds from the Frederic R. Ross Library Fund in 1940. Collection expanded in 1944 with purchase of World War I materials from William E. Barrett, a pilot in the 1920s.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of DPL Ross-Barrett Aeronautical Minus Collection.
- Air pilots -- United States -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Autographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lindbergh, Charles A. (Charles Augustus), 1902-1974 -- Autographs.
- Lindbergh, Charles A.(Charles Augustus),1902-1974. (Person)
- William E. Barrett, (Person)
- Maggs Brothers, Ltd. (London, England), (Organization)
- Finding Aid for the Charles Lindbergh autograph,19??
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script