William R. Davis Letter to Brother and Sister, February 5, 1862
Scope and Contents
Letter from brother and sister: Wm. and Ann Davis, Douglas Flat, Calif. to their brother and sister; newly arrived in California, tell relatives about weather, flooding in Sacramento and Marysville, price of flour, church meetings, and family matters.
- February 5, 1862
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
1 envelope (1 letter)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Calaveras County (Calif.) -- 19th century -- History, Local Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cost and standard of living -- California -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Floods -- California -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the William R. Davis Letter to Brother and Sister, February 5, 1862
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script