James C. Stewart Diary
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a diary with a list of income and expenses; includes description of a trip May 2-16, 1872 from Fairfield, Iowa to San Francisco, Calif. by train and on to Portland, Or. by boat.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
James C. Stewart was a resident of Fairfield, Iowa. Later lived in Otis and Brush, Colo.
1 envelope(s) (1 volume)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Fred Stewart Bartlett (grandson), 1972.
- Account books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Cost and standard of living -- West (U.S.) -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the James C. Stewart Diary
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script