Arthur Hopkin Gibson Letters
Scope and Contents
Collection contains letters to Western History Dept. Denver Public Library requesting information about Robert Hopkin's work in Colorado as scene painter for Tabor Grand Opera House (Denver), Colorado Springs Opera House, and Dickens Opera House (Longmont).
- Gibson, Arthur Hopkin, 1888-1973 (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Author of a biography on American artist Robert Hopkin (his grandfather). Resident of Detroit, Michigan.
1 envelope (5 items)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transfer; DPL archives; 1960.
- Gibson, Arthur Hopkin, 1888-1973 -- Correspondence
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scene painting -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Arthur Hopkin Gibson Letters.
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script