Fritz Andrew Nagel Papers
Scope and Contents
Correspondence (1912-1919), chiefly Nagel's letters to his parents in Denver while he was with American Expeditionary Force in France. Also service record and photo (1917-1919); later autobiographical sketch (1968).
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Denver, Colo. attorney. B. Feb. 6, 1891 Denver. Graduate of Cornell (1912) and Harvard Law School (1915). Served overseas in France during World War I. Returned to civilian life and practice of law 1919. D. May 11, 1978 Denver.
1 Boxes (.25 linear feet)
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid in repository.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Jerome K. Nagel, 1985.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military records Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Officers -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script