Herbert A. Ford Diary
Scope and Contents
Collection contains extracts from Ford's diary covering the years he was in Leadville, Colo. looking after his father-in-law's silver mining ventures. Transcript (ms. with typed copy) somewhat edited to omit material "not relevant to Leadville."
- October 23, 1879 - January 1882
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
1 envelope(s) (100 oages)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Mr. & Mrs. H.F. Birdsey, Macon, Georgia; 1962.
Transcript by Cynthia C. Birdsey 1962. Original in possession of H.F. Birdsey, Macon, Ga.
- Agassiz Mine (Lake County, Colorado) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Duncan Mine (Lake County, Colorado) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Silver mines and mining -- Colorado -- Lake County. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transcripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Herbert A. Ford Diary.
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script