Robert E. Stone Papers
Scope and Contents
The artwork consists of a six pencil sketches entitled: "Interior of Barracks," "Church at Pietro Colora," Alps at Lake del Predil," "Torbole on Lago di Garda," "With the 86th Regiment at Villa Milano," and "Church of Lizzano in Belvedere" (ca. 1945).
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Robert E. Stone was born in Ohio in 1920. He had completed four years of high school and was working as a salesman when he enlisted in the Army on January 20, 1943 at Cleveland, Ohio. Stone joined the 605th Field Artillery Battalion, part of the 10th Mountain Division, at Camp Carson, Colo. He also served at Camp Hale, Colo. and Camp Swift, Tex. During combat operations in Italy, Stone received a Bronze Star medal
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown; Unknown.
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Artwork Collection.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Recource Center Collection.
- Sketches Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers in art. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 605th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works.
- Works of art Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Robert E. Stone Papers
- Keli Schmid
- November 15, 2019
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script