Marlin H. Wineberg oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations Wineberg's experiences: Disk 1 Basic training -- Disk 2 Basic training, transfer to Camp Hale -- Disk 3 Camp Hale -- Disk 4 Camp Swift through first battles in Italy -- Disk 5 Various stories -- Disk 6 Various stories -- Disk 7 End of war in Italy and return to U.S. -- Disk 8 End of war and at home -- Disk 9 Camp Swift, Tex. -- Disk 10 Letters sent home -- Disk 11 Letters sent home. Disks vary in length from 24 to 60 minutes each; approximately 400 total minutes.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Marlin H. Wineberg was born in Penn. on August 29, 1924. He was attending Pennsylvania State College when he enlisted in the Army on November 20, 1942. He received a deferment and reported for active duty on May 28, 1943. Wineberg received his basic training at Camp Wheeler, Ga. before transfer to Camp Hale, Colo. to join the 10th Mountain Division in September 1943. He served in Companies B and D, 1st Battalion of the 85th Infantry Regiment, with most of his service in Company D. During combat in Italy, Wineberg received the Combat Infantryman Badge and the Bronze Star Medal. He was discharged at Fort Logan, Colo. in February 1946. In 2014, at age 89, Wineberg continues to reside in Denver and remains active with the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division.
11 CDs (400 minutes) : 4 3/4 inches
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Marlin H. Wineberg;2013.
Collection contains 2 copies of interview: 11 CD-Roms per interview, total 22 CD-Roms
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Marlin H. Wineberg oral history,2006
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script